TOEFL Exam Overview, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Exam Sections
TOEFL test is the most widely respected English-language test in the world, recognized by more than 10,000 colleges, universities and agencies in more than 130 countries, including Australia, Canada, the U.K. and the United States. Wherever you want to study, the TOEFL test can help you get there.
The TOEFL Exam is conducted in two formats-
- Paper Based Test or PBT
- Internet Based Test or IBT
TOEFL Exam Eligibility:
Candidate must be passed 10+2 level of any recognised Indian Board or University is a suitable qualification to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test.
TOEFL Exam Syllabus:
TOEFL Exam syllabus has four sections
- Speaking and
- Reading measures the ability to understand the academic reading matter.
- Listening measures the ability to understand English as it is used in colleges and universities.
- Speaking measures the ability to speak English.
- Writing measures the ability to write in a way that is appropriate for college and university course work.
TOEFL Exam Pattern
TOEFL Exam is given in English and administered via the internet. There are 4 sections (reading, listening, speaking, and writing) which take a total of about 4 ½ hours to complete, including check-in.
TOEFL Exam Sections:
Read 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and answer questions.
Listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, then answer questions.
Express an opinion on a familiar topic; speak based on reading and listening tasks.
Write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing.